Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Night to Remember

The whisper of the wind

Beckons me to the figure in disguise

I can see through the masquerade

I know it’s the heart of my pride


The miles that separates us

Is what would harness this faith

That stars that shine above

Would direct me in this haze


The light of the luminous silver ball

Unveils the knight before me

The ebony orbs speak a language

That is not for thee


The distance is covered in strides

It seems with the bolt of lightening

Much is to be said

It’s been long since impending


The horizons of this feeling

Forestall the use of words

But the magic of his voice

The essence of the curb


It would be a new beginning

A new promise for us to keep

The constellations would witness

Our love so very deep


My hand he held and here we walk

To a heaven we seek

The shore is a stretch we take

With the ocean so deep


The sigh of bliss

Would be the song we sing

It would be music of joy

That this night would bring


I wish it would always be happily ever after

Because I am unaware what the future holds

With you by my side

I have no fear to unfold


The starry night would be the reason we exist

We would always find a blessing amidst

Amongst the clouds it is the number nine we seek

The mistletoe of the jewels, their shine would be our treat.

2 comments:

Supriya said...

let me inaugurate:)...the poem echoes the hope that everyone has, hoping that the special someone will meet them soon..its difficult to sound "non-corny"(if dats a word:))while expressing what we will...to you khera..i will say..well put:)

kanika said...

Amazing ..! It brings out the barbara cartland feeling after so many years !!!
Keep up sweets !